That time of year is here again- SUMMER! Here are 10 ways to prepare for Summer with the kiddos that have helped me through the year
Have a plan for meals AND snacks for summer.
Set up your Universal Summer Rules
- No friends till after breakfast and chores
- Check the core schedule to find out if what you want to do is at the appropriate time
- If You’re bored, it is NOT someone else’s job to entertain you- get creative!
- our normal house rules continue whether it is summer or not
- water play is for OUTSIDE ONLY
- and so on…
Set Up A Summer Core Schedule
Set up an Outdoor Activity Station
- Plastic totes with fun toys and games, water play, etc.
- A small table and chairs, small buckets and items to make mud pies- and a hose to clean them off when they are done.
- Sidewalk chalk and bubbles.
- Nature field guides and insect nets to catch bugs and frogs with.
- A container to capture and observe their finds with a magnifying glass.